MP3 Audio Sample
In Farmacology, practicing family physician and renowned nutrition explorer Daphne Miller brings us beyond the simple concept of "food as medicine" and introduces us to the critical idea that it's the farm where that food is grown that offers us the real medicine.
● Is there a connection between microbes in the soil and in our bodies?
● Why does a dirty farm offer protection from allergies while a dirty urban apartment does not?
● What can pastured hens teach us about "good" stress and "bad" stress?
● How can a vineyard pest management system inspire more effectivecancer treatment?
● What can cows teach us about raising healthy eaters?
● Can urban farms reduce neighborhood crime?
These may not sound like typical questions for a family physician to consider,but in Farmacology, Daphne Miller, MD, ventures out of her medical office and travels to seven innovative family farms around the country on a quest to discover the hidden connections between how we care for our bodies and how we grow our food. Miller also seeks out the perspectives of noted biomedical scientists and artfully weaves in their insights and research, along with stories from her own medical practice. Farmacology offers a profound new approach to healing, combined with practical advice for how to treat disease and maintain wellness.
Running time 8 hrs 15 min