MP3 Audio Sample
In Hacking School Discipline Nathan Maynard and Brad Weinstein demonstrate how to replace traditional school discipline with a proven system, founded on restorative justice.
Are you or your teachers frustrated with carrots and sticks, detention rooms, and suspension—antiquated school discipline practices that simply do not work with the students entering our classrooms today? Our kids have complex needs, and we must empower and embrace them with restorative practices that not only change behaviors but transform students into productive citizens, accountable for their own actions.
In a book that should become your new blueprint for school discipline, teachers, presenters, and school leaders Nathan Maynard and Brad Weinstein demonstrate how to eliminate punishment and build a culture of responsible students and independent learners. In Hacking School Discipline, you learn to:
● Reduce repeated negative behaviors
● Build student self-regulation and empathy
● Enhance communication and collaboration
● Identify the true cause of negative behaviors
● Use restorative circles to reflect on behaviors and discuss impactful change
Running time 5 hrs