John Brockman brings together the world's best-known physicists and science writers—including Brian Greene, Walter Isaacson, Nobel Prize winner Frank Wilczek, Benoit Mandelbrot, and Martin Rees—to explain the universe in all its wondrous splendor.
In The Universe, today's most influential science writers explain the science behind our evolving understanding of the universe and everything in it, including the cutting-edge research and discoveries that are shaping our knowledge.
- Lee Smolin reveals how math and cosmology are helping us create a theory of the whole universe.
- Neil Turok analyzes the fundamental laws of nature, what came before the big bang, and the possibility of a unified theory.
- Seth Lloyd investigates the impact of computational revolutions and the informational revolution.
- Lawrence Krauss provides fresh insight into gravity, dark matter, and the energy of empty space.
- Brian Greene and Walter Isaacson discuss Albert Einstein.
- And much more.
Explore the universe with some of today's greatest minds: what it is, how it came into being, and what may happen next.
"Illuminating, mind-expanding. . . . A spectacular, mind-bending read." ---Brain Pickings
"[T]his audiobook will primarily appeal to true cosmology and physics geeks." ---Library Journal Audio Review